Event Policies and Rules
- All costume props and weapons must be inspected at the Peace Bonding station located in the main lobby.
- At certain, due to crowd safety issues, attendees in oversized costumes may asked to leave the exhibit hall.
- After your costume prop has been inspected, the prop will be tagged or zip-tied by security and a Phoenix Police officer.
- If you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not attempt to enter show.
- Firearms of any kind – includes BB-guns, cap guns, paintball/pellet guns, airsoft guns.
- Replica firearms of any kind – includes reproductions of guns, toy guns, blaster, or other weapons that resemble a firearm.
- Chainsaws or other gas powered prop.
- Bladed metal or wooden weapons – includes axes, daggers, hatchets, knives, swords, pocket blades, ninja stars, and shields.
- Explosives and chemical weapons – includes firecrackers and pepper spray.
- Blunt weapons – includes wooden, plastic or metal bats, clubs, brass knuckles, mallets, martial arts weapons, whips, golf clubs, paddles or metal chains.
- Selfie sticks
At the discretion of security and Phoenix Police officers, the following may be permitted:
- Plastic, fiberglass, or resin shields (metal shields must demonstrate no sharp edges)
- Lightweight plastic, PVC props and light sabers; must be clearly and visibly a prop.
- Bows that are not strung and incapable of shooting arrows; arrows must remain in the quiver, non-removable and have soft tips.
- Plastic, resin, cardboard or foam, or foam rubber props.
- Staffs made of plastic, resin, cardboard or foam, or foam rubber; must not exceed 6′ in length.
Other Safety Policies:
- Clear bags or backpacks only
- No wagons
- Small folding umbrella strollers only.
- Any weapon sales must be in compliance with our weapons policy
- All exhibitors shall enter through the back docks; all packages are subject to search.